Ethnocultural Grant Program
CYNKON Incorporated is supporting the delivery of the Ethnocultural Grant Program under the Multiculturalism and Anti-Racism Branch within the Alberta Ministry of Immigration and Multiculturalism, underscoring our commitment to fostering diversity, inclusivity, and community development.
The Government of Alberta’s Ethnocultural Grant Program focuses on multiculturalism activities and initiatives that will support community organizations in implementing initiatives to build diverse, inclusive, and welcoming multicultural communities to help ensure that people from diverse ethnocultural communities want to live and work in Alberta. The grant will also support Indigenous communities celebrating and building on their rich historical heritage.
- Register for Information 2 Scheduled for January 17, 2024 – Click here to Register
- Grant application deadline is January 26, 2024, at 11:59pm
- Cynkon is organizing face-to-face and online sessions to answer questions about the Ethnocultural Grant.For more information, click here.
The grant program will support community organizations to advance intercultural understanding by funding projects that encourage people to share, learn, appreciate, and respect cultural diversity. The program funds are not designed to address access to affordable housing, job opportunities, and/or healthcare. Rather, the funds are intended to educate about cultural diversity and inclusion in Alberta.
The program will also support smaller grassroots ethnocultural and Indigenous groups to deliver programs and services through partnerships with larger organizations.
The key objectives and outcomes are that:
- Albertans have increased cross-cultural and intercultural connections.
- Albertans better understand and value people from other cultures and their cultural differences.
- Albertans from diverse ethnocultural and Indigenous backgrounds feel increasingly understood and appreciated.
- Albertans build more community partnerships.
- Albertans have increased participation in celebrating cultural diversity.
- Diverse backgrounds are celebrated, making Alberta communities more welcoming and inclusive.
The program launched in December 2023, with an anticipated fund disbursement date of March 31st, 2024. Applicants are expected to apply on the Government of Alberta’s online portal, and the deadline for application is January 26, 2024. CYNKON, Incorporated is expected to:
- Help promote the program to eligible not-for-profit organizations.
- Support applicants in applying for the program from the launch date until the prescribed project intake deadline, to be announced at the project launch.
- Coordinate a panel to assess the eligible applications in collaboration with a Multiculturalism and Anti-Racism Branch representative.
To apply for the grant, please go to https://www.alberta.ca/ethnocultural-grant.
Deadline for submission of applications is January 26, 2024, at 11:59 pm.
For more information: